Sunday, March 20, 2011

I collect stuff....

A LOT OF IT!!! Did you know that about me? Well, I do! And have been a collector for many years, everything from jewelry to clothes to shoes (my husband would say waaaaay too many) to vintage dishware, textiles, fabrics, silverware, Hobnail anything,


jewelry boxes and well, just anything old!


Not worth money old but aesthetically pleasing, take me back to the good ole days old. If I could of had a choice, I would have been born in the teens or twenties, instead of the seventies.



I am a thrifter...meaning I will look any where for a treasure and every now and then I snag a great one, one that earns a place among all my other coveted goods. Sometimes a plate may have Homer Laughlin stamped on the back or I stumble across my Daisy-dot Marcrest pattern, those always stay with me.


Others are just chippy, crackled, rustic, cracked, goodness. I love to imagine the history of treasure, where it started, how it made its journey thru time, who loved it before I did and how was it used. And I even like to think that whatever treasure that I find...chose me to find it...with a nostalgic knowledge that only a vintage piece can have...it knew that it was going to a good home.



If you want to pick a vintage treasure for your own, check out my Etsy shop, just click on the link on the right side of this blog.
Happy treasure hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment